Wednesday, September 30, 2009

No New Pictures, but Updates Galore

Sorry, no pictures of Drew for this post. It's so difficult to get pictures in his room. It's so dark, and with the isolette, it's hard. But guess what, tomorrow he is moving to a crib!!!! So pictures will be taken!!!

Other updates, he is off the Bili-blanket as his jaundice is improving and his Bilirubin level has dropped. His oxygen was turned off today, he is still wearing the oxygen tube, so they can turn it on if they need to, but it's on room air. He took 18 ml of milk last night from a bottle! I wasn't as successful today, he only took a few ml for me. But he was so tired every time I would try. I also tried to nurse him, but he couldn't coordinate the swallowing and breathing, so I had to stop. But hey, at least he tried!! So really, today was a great day!! He just needs to keep working on the feeding and he will be home in no time. Today he weighed 4 lbs 2 oz, which is down a bit from birth, but actually not as low as I expected. He didn't eat for the first three days, and he is only 5 days old, so really I expected it to be much lower. Let's hope he starts to chub up fast!

More pictures to come tomorrow, but keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming, it seems to be working!

No comments: