Saturday, September 26, 2009

Introducing....











I would like to formally introduce our little miracle, Drew Edward Starstrom. The first name, is just a name I have always loved. His middle name is after my father-in-law, which is also Paul's middle name. I just love the way it sounds with Evan Paul. Evan and Drew just sound like perfect brothers and best buds to boot! He simply didn't look like a Luke, which was my other favorite name. And poor Paul, who has been rooting for "Nathan" for both of our sons, still didn't get his way. Maybe I will have to have one more and name him Nathan.... maybe, just ask me in a year or two.

To update on Drew's status, he is doing much better today. He is off the CPAP and is on a nasal cannula, as you can see from the pictures. He looks much more at peace today, and is less irritable. He doesn't appear to be struggling to breath like he did yesterday. He is still in the most intensive of the NICU pods, but will hopefully move to a less intensive one in a couple of days. He is sucking on a pacifier in this picture, but has been trying to find his thumb. I still haven't held him, but I am supposed to be able to hold him this afternoon. I absolutely can't wait!! Hopefully there will be more pictures to come!

2 comments:

The Neville Family said...

Yeah!! Welcome Drew Edward! Love the name :). I am SO HAPPY to hear that he is doing better today!! He's adorable and I cannot wait to meet him. Hope you and Paul are doing okay.

erin said...

seeing those pictures takes me back to when my baby was in the NICU. sounds like you've gone through this before, but i'm praying for you to have peace about this. i know with the hormones being all jacked up and stuff that it makes it so much harder to see your baby that way. glad to hear he's doing better though. what a beautiful addition to your family!