Friday, September 25, 2009

Welcome My Sweet Baby Boy Starstrom









Today we welcomed our second son into the world at 7:51 am. He weighs 4 lbs 10 oz and is 17 1/4 inches. He is identical to his brother, when he was born. Because he was 6 week premature, his little lungs are not as developed as they need to be. He is on a CPAP right now, which is a high pressure oxygen delivery mask. He doesn't have the strength yet to eat, but he is on IV fluids. And unfortunately I can't hold him because of all the tubes and wires he has surrounding him. But he is a fighter, and I have confidence he will be just fine. He just needs a little extra help to transition to life outside my belly.

Not to be graphic, but the delivery was a dream. I suppose since he was so small, I literally pushed once and out he came. I wish I could say the same for labor. It only took ten hours, but they were oh so intense. I pretty much got through it by cussing like a sailor and verbally abusing anyone that I came in contact with. Until I got my epidural that is!! But that was only the last two hours of the ten hour ordeal. Ofcourse I would do it a million times over if I had to.

Some people may not like seeing pictures of a preemie in an incubator. But I think he deserves to have the limelight today, it is after all his birthday!!! Happy birthday baby boy, get better ASAP. You've got so many people who love you already and can't wait to meet you.

Yes, his name is pending at this time. Give me a break will ya? I thought I had six more weeks to think about this.

5 comments:

Mrs.ABC said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you. Glad to hear you and the baby are doing well. Our continued thoughts and prayers are with you and the baby. Keep us posted.

The Neville Family said...

CONGRATS ABBY, PAUL & EVAN!! He definitely deserves the limelight! Happy Birthday little guy! I am sorry for your sake that he is on the CPAP, I'm sure it is hard to see your baby like that. That machine will make him big and strong in no time for you and he'll be in your arms I hope so soon!! We are thinking about you. Let us know if you need anything at all!!

EmBee said...

He looks perfect and much bigger than I expected.
:-)

kevin said...

Poor boy... all hooked up to machines on his first day in the world. Good thing they sleep a lot for a while. I hope he's doing well.

Jenn said...

Abby, he is so beautiful and so sweet. We are praying for him to advance very soon to get rid of the machines. We are prraying for you!