Saturday, September 26, 2009

Easy to Love

Check out all your wires and tubes and the like.


The one I hate the most is that darn tube in your mouth. Hurry up and grow bigger so you can eat on your own please!


Poor thing, you just want to sleep and everyone keeps poking at you!!



You sure are easy to fall in love with, baby Drew. We are already smitten with you. But you are hard to hold, and then somehow harder to let go of! We got to really hold you for the first time today. And wow, it is an ordeal with all of your wires and tubes. You don't like being out of your warm little cocoon in your incubator, so you fuss at first. But then just when you get comfy, it's time to put you back. And you don't like that either. But don't worry, this won't stop us from holding you as much as we possibly can over the next few weeks while you are in the hospital. You are stuck with us whether you like it or not!

2 comments:

EmBee said...

Though it seems like a thousand years ago, I can remember all too clearly how difficult it was to be postpartum and not have a baby to nuzzle as frequently as you naturally would. Crazy as it seems, I slept with a pink stuffed bear someone had brought as a gift for Sarah, upon my chest.

It's SO hard now, and right now it seems like forever until you're all home together under your cozy roof, but before you know it (trust me on this), BEFORE you know it, he's going to be a teenager and you'll be amazed at where the time went.

Love to you ALL!

Jenny said...

Wow guys, he is amazing! We are so happy for you all. I'm sure you can't wait to get all those tubes off of him & have him all to yourselves! I love the name you chose.

Nathan is at the top of Greg's list for boys as well. We went in to the delivery room with the names Jonathan & Nathan and he looked like a Jonathan to me! I hope Drew gets to come home soon. I'm really looking forward to seeing him!