Saturday, November 2, 2013

Starting School










 









Here are some pics of the boys right before school started this August.
Drew started PreK 3 at St. Lukes. He was loving it because he was in class with his BFF, Kevin before we moved. But even after our move, he enjoys going to school at Burnt Hickory Baptist Church and is making more and more friends every day. He continues to amaze me at how laid back and easy going is.  He is seriously the easiest kid ever, and adorable to boot. He managed to grow 5 inches over the last year. He loves learning, reading books, playing “guys”, dressing up, watching movies, riding his big boy bike, cuddling with me and the puppies, and as always posing for pictures!  
Evan started Kindergarten in the Fall. And he put all my fears to rest pretty much instantly. My shy boy isn’t shy anymore, and will talk to a wall. I call him the Mayor because whenever I pick him up, he always says “hello” to about 27 kids on the short walk to the car. All of the teachers, and staff know his name.  I love his new school so much, because it has a small home town vibe. And when I pull up to pick him up, the PE teacher calls Evan’s name over the loud speaker and if he takes longer than 30 seconds to get out, he says “Evan, hurry up buddy, stop talking to everyone, your mom is waiting”, again through the loud speaker. He knows him all too well too! He is learning to read and write and he works so hard at it every single day. He loves playing outside on his scooter, making artwork, rough housing with Drew and Murray, swimming (before we moved of course), and creating things with his Legos. He is NOT my easy going child however. He is stubborn, and wild and high maintenance. But he has the biggest heart of any little boy I know and has just as many sweet characteristics as Drew. But I’m at a loss right now, as I am watching him beat up his brother and NOT listen to a word I say, across the room right now as I type and try to keep sane.  DEEP breaths….. No really, I couldn’t be more proud of how well Evan has adapted to moving schools, homes, and leaving behind some dear friends and family. He did not miss a beat. He loves school and his new friends, and couldn’t have been more flexible during the whole ordeal…even when we had to live out of a two room hotel for a week with two dogs! Eeek.  I just wish I could freeze time because they are both at such fun ages. And getting so independent, I just dread the day when they don't "need" me anymore!

No comments: