Thursday, January 3, 2013

Meet Murray F. Starstrom









Meet our newest addition, Murray F. Starstrom!  The name was Evan's idea, but it was perfect for many reasons. He sugguested it, because it sounded like Merry in Merry Christmas. Also, because we named Farley (the F in his name is in memory of Farley) after the comedian Chris Farley because her body was wide and her head was tiny. So it was only natural we name Murray after another comedian, BILL MURRAY! Paul, actually wanted to name Murray, Nole, after his Seminoles, but this was my dog!
 
I have never ever really truly been suprised in my life and let me tell you, I was completely suprised by this. Paul went to run his usual two days before Christmas, errands with Evan. He took along Kevin and Melly, which wasn't unusual. Kevin usually has last minute Xmas errands as well. While I thought they were shopping their little hearts away, they were actually waiting in line (they were number 86) at an animal shelter. They saved Murray from Save a Pet Shelter. They picked him because he was timid, and quiet, and no one seemed to be interested in him. Many of the dogs were out in large, more open gated areas with lots of other puppies. But he was off in the back by himself, without even a sign saying he was a 14 month old boy. When Paul asked the people who worked there about him, they didn't even know if he was a boy or girl. He was forgotten, and no one was going to adopt this cute boy, until Paul laid eyes on him. I have been saying I wanted a puppy now for about 18 months, since Farley passed away. It was never a good time. I was either still mourning her loss, starting a new job, the boys were too little, there just wasn't the time or money, etc. But every time I heard of a crisis or an animal in need, my ears always perked up. Paul always pretended not to hear my pleas to adopt a dog. Although, it seems he was listening all along. When they came home, Melly and Kevin came in the back door. I assumed Paul and Evan were hiding gifts in the garage. The doorbell rang, I thought it was on TV. Kevin said, I think the doorbell rang, I was like, Nah. He said, no I think it really did. Ok Ok, fine, so I got my lazy rear up and went to look and out laying on the lawn were my 2 boys with this beauty...and tears of joy began to flow. It was love at first sight!  My first question after, was he a rescue dog, was.... does he have issues?  I didn't want a normal dog?! That would be like adopting a rich, privelaged child with a trust fund. I want my dog needy, it's way more rewarding!!! And we have all been in puppy bliss ever since. I don't even mind the accidents, I could do without the fleas, worms and Giardea.... But hey, I asked for needy, right!!!

No comments: