Monday, June 4, 2012

Melissa's Shower





WWMD.  I probably say that in my head at least once a day.  That stands for what would Melissa do. Have you ever had a friend that you just completely idolized?  That’s Mel for me.  She’s smart, funny, outgoing, bubbly, a free spirit, and gorgeous to boot. I want to be her when I grow up.  I am an introvert at heart. If it were up to me, I would have like 2 friends, never talk to anyone I don’t know, and work from home behind my computer. Well, as an ARNP, that’s kind of hard to do.  At work, when a patient is complaining about me being an hour and a half behind, the inner me wants to say, listen lady, we can talk about this for 20 minutes and I will be an hour and 50 minutes behind, or we can get on with our visit. When they break out the list of 126 questions and I feel like crawling in a hole and crying, I just channel my inner Melissa.  I try and act like they are the most important thing in the world to me, and I apologize profusely, answer every question they could ever think of, ask about their cousin three times removed they told me about at the last visit who also has Atrial fibrillation and I hopefully make them feel better.  But seriously, if it weren’t for Melissa being my nurse practitioner role model friend, I probably would be a bitter, mean old hermit who never left my house.  So the fact that she is preggers with her first baby at 41…well I am over the mood ecstatic. I can’t wait to meet little London.  She is THE LUCKIEST baby in the world. Ok Ok. I know I sound a little bit like I have a girl crush on my friend. But you would too if you only knew her. She makes you feel like the most special person in the world. I hope you have your own Melissa in your life who makes you a better person.  WWMD.

No comments: