Monday, January 31, 2011

Teeth and Hair, or Lack There of.

Drew looks less than enthused here.  Poor guy is sprouting another tooth, but it's about time!!  He only has 4 teeth and he is 16 1/2 months old!!!  He is about as toothless as he is bald!!  And it may be imagination, but I think he also may be sprouting a few more hairs!!  Evan was about 13 months when he started to get hair, so it should be any day now?!  Speaking of baldness.... here is a conversation Evan and I had at Costco yesterday:
Evan:  "Why that boy (while pointing at a 50-something guy) has no hair Mommy? "
Me (whispering): "Shhhh Evan, we don't talk about the way people look, that's rude." 
Evan: "Mommy, I can't hear you.  Why are you talking so softly.  I SAID why that boy has no hair?"
Me:  Sigh.  As I think about all of the embarrasing moments that are soon to come, and remember how I absolutely hate moments such as these and I want to crawl in a hole and never emerge again.  "Let's go home Evan, shall we?"

1 comment:

Meema said...

That's why grandparents love their "jobs". I can remember your little high pitched voice pointing out various flaws and asking embarrassing questions in stores a long time ago. Grandchildren - they are the best reward!