Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ho Hum


Ho Hum.  Sometimes the mission of my day is this: make the day go by quicker.  The end.  I would say about 95% of the time, we have at least one or two activities planned for the day.  Whether it be a playdate, a trip to the park, lunch with friends, or one of the other 1500 things Orlando has to offer for children.  But every once in a while, we got nothing.  Usually it's because one of us is under the weather, and we don't want to share our germs...i.e. THIS WEEK!  I think the last time we stayed home for 3 days straight was due to potty training!!  Even when Drew was born, we were out and about in a matter of a couple of weeks.  Anyway, this week has been B to the Oring! And each and every day, I pray this day will go by faster than the previous day.  Sometimes, I crave chaos, because I know at least then, my day will fly by.  So today I took the boys and both dogs to the neighborhood park for a picnic.  Unfortunately, I have it down to a science, so even that was fairly Ho Hum.  One day I will look back at days like this and wish I didn't wish them away.  And I know that.  Oh well.  Until then, the years will fly by and the days will drag and I will continue to find ways to make them speed by.

1 comment: