Thursday, October 28, 2010

Journaling the Good Stuff

Ok, so I use my blog as a way of remembering all of the funny and cute things my kids do, as well as a way for me to display the thousands of pictures I take.  But lately I have been posting pictures, and forgetting to put all the cute things Evan says, so I also started a journal.  I don't want to forget anything he says, and my memory is SHOT! 

So this post was supposed to be about some of the hilarious things he has said lately, and since I just started my journal today... I can't remember most of them.  BUT, the other day, I did get my first Evan-compliment.  Paul is sweet when it comes to compliments, and he boosts me up every day with them.  I, like most other thirty something housewifes with two kids have a self esteem that plumets lower by the day.  My skin's blotchy, my hair is too thin, my stomach is... well, just gross.  But Paul makes me feel so good with his compliments, which usually include the word "hot" (told you he was sweet, he lies alot, but he's sweet!). The other day, Paul and I were dressed up on our way out the door to dinner, when Evan looked at me and said, "Mom, you are looking hot, like my dippies!".  Dippies, by the way, are chicken nuggets dipped in ketchup.  It was really sweet.  I always heard little boys think their Mama's are super pretty until they are like age 8, so I wondered if he would tell me I am pretty one day.  And there you have it.  I am HOT like dippies!!!  Sweet!!!

On a side note, kind of like "you know you are a redneck if"...., "you know it's time for your kid to be potty trained if"... he says "Mom, can you wipe my butt like Daddy does? Cross my legs and hold both ankles with one had and then wipe".  Evan has been pee pee potty trained for months but still refuses to poop any where but his pull-up during nap.  So when I was changing him the other day, apparently I wasn't holding his legs up the way Daddy does.  If you can articulate that, you need to poop in the potty.  Nuff said.



No comments: