Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Negotiating Skills

Today was an important day.  Not only was it Drew's 11 month birthday, but it was Evan's first day of school!!!  He is still attending Little Fishes, a Parent's Morning Out program at a Presbyterian church.  He has 8 children in his class, 3 of which are his best buds from last year's class; and he has one of the same teachers from last year, Ms. B!!!  Evan had a ball.  When I asked him who his best friend in class was, he said Ms. B.  She is amazing.  Today she took pictures of all the toys and put the picture on the front of the cubby where each toy went and told all the kids to put the toys away in the correct cubby.  And they did.  And she got Evan to eat a granola bar and an apple.  So she is my hero.  Eating and cleaning up... who is this kid? They played games, painted pictures, played outside, read books and sang songs.  And Evan loved every minute of it.  Here is his "first day of school picture".  Not the traditional backpack shot on the front porch.  But Evan is not too keen on getting his picture taken lately, so I told him he could wear both of his sheriff hats if he gave me one cute smile on his favorite blue chair, and that seemed to do the trick.  But honestly I am a horrible negotiator, so I think I could have probably done a little better.  Oh well.  Maybe for Kindergarten I can get the traditional first day of school shot.  Sheriff's hat pics will have to do for this year.  Let's hope this year is as much fun as last year!!!

No comments: