Monday, August 30, 2010

Baby Thomas 10.5 months

Here are a few pictures I took of my friend's baby, Thomas last week.  He is getting ready to turn ONE, and his birthday party theme is going to based off his favorite Peek a Boo book.  So we did some Peek a Boo shots and shots of him with his favorite book.  And for my photography-buff friends (and family....Kevin) I know I totally screwed up on the white ones.  I didn't shoot in raw and I tried my best to fix them but I could only do so much.  For anyone who cares ( I got lots of Mama friends with nice cameras, so perhaps they do care!) when you have alot of white in a shot, the camera tries to make it more of a grey blue if you let it.  The camera likes to have everything in the middle tones, so you have to trick it by focusing on something that is a medium shade of grey or even grass works.  Then you take whatever settings work good for grass and shoot away at your white scene and it usually won't turn everything a blue grey.  This obviously requires that you take it off Auto and shoot in manual.  I, obviously, didn't do this correctly!    Sometimes I forget what the heck I am doing when I am trying to get the baby to smile, stop from crawling away, or even keep from eating the props!  Not in this case though, Thomas is a dream to photograph... so really I have no excuse.  Luckily his Mama loves the pictures anyway.  It's hard to NOT love a picture of this little guy though, huh?!

2 comments:

The Neville Family said...

Pictures of both Thomas and Brock are AMAZING!! you are so talented, just love them. what wonderful subjects too, just adorable little boys!

Healthy Life with 3 said...

I agree! Thank you again Abby! Your work is always awesome ;)