Monday, July 26, 2010

Plan B


Ok, apparently I thought I could make a rocket ship cake for Evan's birthday.  I know, it's not for 6 more weeks.  I am a "planner" people, let it go.  But what was I thinking?  Just because I slapped a few gumdrops on a couple green circle cakes for Evan's first birthday, does not make me a cake decorator. 


I am a person who is VERY detail oriented.  Paul would love it, if I could just call Publix and order a cake a few trays of food for a party, but I just can't do it.  I want things a certain way, and I want everything to be homemade.  To me, it is a way for me to show love.  Last year Evan's party was cancelled because I was in the hospital on bedrest.  Luckily our friend, who was a baker no less, offered to have a small party at her house for him and make him a firetruck cake!!!  This year, I was just itching to do something super cute and creative.  His party is going to be astronauts and aliens, so a rocket ship cake was the goal.  But darn if that isn't super hard.  Plan B is to try one more time.  Plan C is to make him a freaking moon cake, make a circle cake, put some divots in it and call it a day.  Plan D... call Publix?  Thank goodness my brother will be here to help me, he is really good at stuff like that.   In the mean time, this ugly thing is burned into my brain.  I am going to have nightmares about it tonight.

No comments: