Friday, May 14, 2010

New Tricks, Same Ole Big Blue Eyes




Having a preemie baby, even if only 6 weeks premature, means having a baby in the newborn stage for much longer. Even though he was only 6 weeks premature, being out in the world is much harsher then growing a bit longer in my tummy, so Drew was just concentrating on growing for the first four months or so, and not much else. Therefore milestone-wise, he is behind, but he is catching up like a champ. He is now rolling over from back to front and front to back, and is starting to sit up for a second or two at a time (work in progress). Before I know it, he will be crawling and walking, so I am savoring this stage we are currently in. He hasn't been to the doctor in a couple of months, so I don't know how much he weighs, but I weighed the two of us on my scale at home and subtracted my weight, and it looks like he weighs about 16 lbs. On super exciting news, we have been doing sleep training with him and *knock on wood* he has slept through the night for the last few nights with a few fussing sessions here and there, but nothing major. I kept putting it off and putting it off, because I wanted him to gain more weight. So if he fussed I ran in there and fed him. But 7 months later, fatigue (er, uh, more like exhaustion) set in and I decided to start sleep training! Best decision EVER!!! My body didn't initially know what to do with more then 4 hours of consecutive sleep a night, but now, it remembers... and it likes it.

No comments: