Friday, May 14, 2010

Hypocritical Maybe, But I am OK with That.




Drew has quite the diverse palate now and he enjoys all sorts of new flavors and textures. None as much as pears, but he really does love to eat his baby food now! Currently I am making him homemade baby cereal (ground and then cooked organic brown rice or millet) with one added protein (tofu, egg yolk, Tahini paste) and one or two veggie servings (sweet potatoes, peas, broccoli or squash) and sometimes one fruit (mango, avocado, banana, pears, apples, peaches, blueberries, apricots) mixed with expressed breast milk and occasionally some wheat germ sprinkled on top!!! All of that mixed together in one bowl. I sometimes substitute the homemade cereal with plain yogurt. Sounds terrible I know. But it's really healthy and he seems to enjoy it. Wish I could eat that healthy, but it's not likely. Last night I made us homemade Sloppy Joes with sweet potatoe fries and then I fed Drew his Super Baby Porridge (it's what they call this concoction in the book I am reading), and it just seemed a little hypocritical. But I'm OK with that.

No comments: