Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What a difference a year can make


I know, I know, it's not even Thanksgiving and I am posting Christmas pictures?!! Well, I am an adult now and if I want to decorate my house for Christmas the week before Thanksgiving, I can! If I want to take my son to see Santa in November, I can do that too! It's my favorite time of year, and being that is still in the 80's here in Florida, I need a little extra help to get into the spirit.
It was the same Santa and he wore the same outfit as last year. But Evan was much more frightened this year. Last year, they had me back him onto Santa's lap, so he really didn't even know he was on a stranger's lap. Santa didn't even speak a word, in order to not scare him. But this year, they thought Evan would be big enough to not be scared. No such luck. He was terrified. After a few Dora songs, toys, and Shamu chants, we got this picture. The tears had barely dried by the time they snapped the camera away, but there is a semi-smile behind it all. And my bright yellow shoulder in the corner, but don't mind that. Also, please ignore the extra leg between Evan's legs. He wouldn't even consider being near Santa without me right by his side, or underneath him for that matter. Remind me next year to wear green please!

1 comment:

Mrs.ABC said...

Too cute! Looks like Santa got his tan on!