Friday, November 13, 2009

Sibling Rivalry... Already?















Yesterday, I wanted to get a couple of things done around the house so I took out Evan's old play mat for Drew to lay on. Evan was engrossed in a Dora the Explorer episode, so I thought surely I can be productive for ten minutes?!! Well as soon as I put Drew on the play mat, Evan had to be on it too, or should I say instead. I insisted that Drew be allowed to stay on it, while I closely supervised and then I let Evan play on it. Well, now Evan won't let go of it. He has carried it around the house ever since. I am sure it's a combination of being jealous and it being a new toy. So hopefully that will wear off soon and Drew can play with it. Until then, he plays with it only when Evan is asleep.
By the way, here is a picture of Evan at 2 months on this same play mat. It's scary how much they look alike, good thing all of my pictures are digital, or I would have to do some major labeling.

















1 comment:

Jenn said...

This is what we go through everyday!!!!!!!!!
I just pulled the saucer out and Sofia is always in it. I've pretty much given up on keeping her out. We are still battling with the play mat but most things are for her "Babies" when Zachary is not in them. Good luck-let me know if you find a trick to kep him out and off. It's just that the things are still fun to them and intriguing!