Sunday, May 31, 2009

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

But first a few pictures of my little man, watching his Grammy out the window.








It has been a long while since I have done a Not Me Monday. Partly because I am pretty much perfect and have no confessions to make what-so-ever!!! But also because I have been trying to steer clear of the original host of Not Me Mondays, McMama.... see above for link to her blog. She feeds her four kids carrot sticks and hummus for snacks, and steel cut oats with shots of fish oil for breakfast. And as I am trying my best to get Evan to eat any type of chicken that isn't fried, the last thing I need to hear is about what her perfect little vegetable eating, cloth diaper wearing children are doing!!!
No really, I am perfect, that's why I didn't apparently miss a spot of pooh on Evan's butt the other day, and not realize it until it was naked time before his bath and I found Corky helping me out with her tongue. Not Me and definitely not well-mannered Corky!!!
I wasn't getting dressed at the YMCA after swim class in a hurry, trying to make it to a Doctor's appointment, when I put my shorts on the sink while I was taking off my bathing suit, only to realize that there was an automatic faucet. It wasn't triggered by my shorts and didn't get them wet, but only conveniently in one spot in the crotch region!!! Oh well, hopefully the doctor didn't notice!!!
I wasn't setting the table for dinner, when I realized I hadn't heard Evan in at least a minute... and when I found him he hadn't gotten the butter off the table and wasn't spreading it all over the tile floor. And I didn't take my time taking it away from him simply because I was enjoying preparing dinner without tripping over a 20 month old!!!
Paul still doesn't refer to our unborn baby as Bulgar Wheat. When I first got pregnant, I didn't make a comparison to the bulgar wheat in our tabbouleh that night at dinner, to our tiny fetus growing inside of me. And it didn't stick with Paul so much, that he continues to call him/her that on a daily basis, nope, not Paul!!!
I didn't accidentally give Evan the wrong sippy cup the other day when reaching back to the back seat of the car while driving. He didn't proceed to drink the whole thing, and I didn't realize later that it was an old sippy cup and the apple juice smelled more like apple cider than apple juice!!! Oops. Not me!!!
I am not convinced I am having a boy, simply because I recently realized my eyebrows have stopped growing (I used to tweeze them every day and haven't now in weeks) just like they did when I was pregnant with Evan. Nope, what medical professional like myself would base anything on that. Not me!!!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow, that was funny!