Monday, November 24, 2008

Outtakes















































































I am not ashamed to admit, I am such a wanna-be photographer. I have such a vision in my head of what will look good, but then when it comes to executing my idea.... well let's just say I have a long way to go before I can consider myself even decent. But I love to practice!! Anyway, my Mom and I are always looking online at photographer's websites to find cool pictures to try and do ourselves. And my Mom sent me this first picture this weekend, and I fell in love. So this morning (I couldn't wait until night-fall) I took Evan in my closet with a strand of Christmas lights (luckily I have a giant closet). Well, he wasn't as intrigued as I had hoped he would be. So almost within seconds, he lost interest. I kept trying to get him interested, by putting his teddy bears underneath the pile of lights. But again, very quickly, it was over. Well, during a split second when the door was open, as I was getting more props to entice Evan's curiosity, Corky strolled in. So when I had lost Evan's interest all together, I had a new subject. One that wouldn't move, that always looked cute and that was very cooperative (she has been my subject now for 6 1/2 years). So it was not a lost cause.... just a little different than my inspiration picture!!! But all caveats aside, I did get a cute picture or two of Evan as well.
PS. If anyone knows how to do captions and its fairly easy to explain, please leave a comment. I can't figure it out for the life of me, and this post in particular would have been so much cuter with captions. Thanks!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting me and leaving me some SITSa Love!! Fun pictures! I love that you got all his fun facial expressions, those are always the best pictures! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Frizzy said...

I LOVE THESE PICTURES and plan to do them myself. Hope you don't mind my copying your idea. Love your little one. He's adorable and the pics of the dog are classic! I would love to know what he's thinking. Thanks for stopping by my SITS day. I would love to have you back sometime soon.

The Neville Family said...

I love these pictures, what a great idea. you are a great photographer, don't be so hard on yourself! i love all the pics you take. happy thanksgiving.