Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I am getting more sentimental in my old age!!!


Today Evan and I attended our first Music class at a local church. As soon as we started singing and the teacher went around the room and sang each of our child's name, I felt like I was going to cry?!? I got a lump in my throat, and I had no idea why at first. I am a fairly sensitive person, and once you get to know me, I wear my heart on my sleeve. But for goodness sakes, I was in music class with 15 other mom's and their babies, whom I had never met!!! I thought about it a lot today, and I think the reason was, that I started picturing Evan in school one day, and I pictured the teacher calling on him, and him getting nervous. And I also really enjoyed watching him dance, and smile and watch the teacher's every move. I felt very proud of him. And all of those feelings wrapped into one, made me a little emotional, I must say!!! It's pretty cool being Evan's Mom, every day I learn more and more about myself. And today I learned how much fun I have just watching him learn and experience new things, more so then I ever have in the past!!! Here is a picture of Evan dancing, he LOVES dancing and LOVES music!!!

1 comment:

EmBee said...

I have memories of going through the same emotions during the first Gymboree class, the first Music class, the first day of school... etc.

I still choke up at the beginning of every animated flick I take my kids to. Yes, even WALL-E.

I get emotional over seemingly silly little things regarding my kids and they make fun of me all the time... I can't help it, I'm just a sentimental sort too.
:-)