Saturday, September 20, 2008

Birthday Party Number One in the Two Week Long Event called Evan's Birthday


Evan had his playgroup over for a birthday celebration yesterday, and I think it was a success. My dear friend from Jacksonville, Melissa came to help me out, and that was a MAJOR relief. Because of her I was able to relax and enjoy watching Evan with his friends, play with his toys and make a mess with green icing. I stressed over this party for 6 weeks and in the blink of an eye, it was over. But it went really well. I am so thankful for my new friends here in Orlando. It was really hard when we moved here, leaving my friends and family when my little guy was only a few months old. But my playgroups and my new friends and their adorable little ones have made the transition so much easier. We had a photographer here to capture all the special moments, so I didn't take a single picture during the party. It's killing me right now, I can't wait to see the pictures. THe only picture I took is of the cakes. I think they turned out a little better than the practice cakes and they actually tasted pretty good. I will post the pictures I get from the photographer soon!!! But all in all, it was a great day!!!
By the way, Evan got some AWESOME toys, he played until he dropped last night and this morning. What great friends we have!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I am so glad it was a success. Can't wait to see the pictures! Isn't amazing how you stress and it's all done in the blink of an eye! The cakes are adorable!