Thursday, October 11, 2012

The deets for D's Lego Party


















I had to do two posts for D's Party. Here are the deets (details) for the partay. Ok, can't believe I just said partay. Anyway, this is just for other who enjoy a good party planning post. Which I totally do. But since I have like two readers of this blog, I will be brief. Let me just preface this by saying we only invited 4 of Drew's friends becasue I really didn't want a big shin dig. Partly because I didn't want everyone getting him presents because we have way too many toys already and partly because I was LAZY and my house can't handle more then about 4 families at a time. So anyway, we opted for a backyard BBQ this year and low key was the theme of the day. Yeah right, I have been planning since June! Decorations: That was easy, LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS. Food: build your own sliders (get it, build....blocks, legos, but instead we used beef! ) rainbow colored fruit skewers (anything primary colors went with the theme), tomatoe basil mozzarella stacks, salad (there was nothing I could think of, I just like salad) and shrip wontons, again just cuz they are yummy. Sweets: Marshmallo cake pop minifigure heads, lego sweet tarts, cupcakes and a giant lego cake, as well as old school paper dots. Favors: Lego books for the babes, and small lego sets for the bigger kids, as well as lego stickers and candies. Entertainment: For the adults it was simply alcoholic beverages and good conversation and company. For the kids it was a sprinkler and a bounce house, and color your own minifigures... I went old school and SIMPLE! Best part?  His amazing friends and family, we were thrilled to have Meema, Poppop and Ugbie in town!!! 

No comments: