Friday, June 22, 2012

Hilton Head with my peeps















Here are some pictures of my first girl's (and long over due) weekend since children.  It's really just the same picture over and over again, with different outfits.  These ladies are near and dear to my heart, and I met them all in college.  Some of them I see every few months, some I haven't seen in years.  Two of them were in my wedding. Anyway, you get the point, I love these gals! It's so crazy to see them all grown up. The last time we all went out, I am pretty sure one of us ended up with our heads draped over a toilet. But this time....oh wait, one of us did ( AND IT WASN'T ME..HOORAY). Anyway, the point is, I am no longer a control freak Mom. I used to leave pages and pages of "directions" any time I left my kids for even a few hours. This time I was like...Cya! I didn't even so much as grocery shop before I left.  Paul is obviously completely capable and more then willing to care for our boys all by himself, so I left it all up to him. They probably had McDonald's at least twice in those three days, but whatever. They will live! So I enjoyed 3 days and 3 nights soaking up sun, trading funny child rearing stories, drinking an adult beverage or 3, and eating delicious food. We did each other's makeup before we would go out. We stayed up all night talking. We laughed.  We cried. Oh wait, that was just me on the drive home because I wasn't ready to return. We made plans for next year's girl's trip!!!  So as I learn to balance fun, and responsibility, and giving up control with things I have absolutely no business trying to control...I am reminded of what amazing girlfriends I have, the old and the new!

No comments: