Thursday, February 16, 2012

Update on E V A N

Evan is FINALLY interested in writing, and on the verge (holding breath) of being interested in reading. It's funny.  When I was a kid, most everyone just learned how to read and write in Kindergarten.  Nowadays it seems kids are learning it by age 3.  What happened to letting a kid be a kid?  Over achieve much people?!  No really, I think kids are just smarter and smarter these days.  I don't want to be one of those people that always talks about "when I was a kid." Because let's face it, I want my kids to be smarter and more successful and more motivated then me when they grow up! So I think it's good to an extent that kids are more and more advanced.  It will hopefully be a good motivator for Evan to constantly grow and learn.  And you just can't let it effect your ego if they don't pick something up right away. Because I know my E is just as brilliant as the next little boy. He has a memory like an Elephant? I heard they have good memories?  When it comes to something he is interested in. And he is finally interested in things other than Star Wars and Super Heroes. Hooray!  Also of note, he has grown about 3 inches since Thanksgiving.  Last year he wore 2T pants. So this fall I automatically bought 3T when I realized those 2Ts weren't gonna cut it this winter, plus I needed them for Drew!  When the 3Ts arrived in the mail, they were about 2 inches too short. So I decided to save those for Drew for next year and order all new 4Ts. Those were great for about 2 months and now they are high waters. I measured him the other day and he went from 42 inches at Thanksgiving to 45 inches!  WTH!  So 5Ts it is! I guess the heavy cream Paul puts in his milk is paying off? He probably has coronary artery disease... but one thing at a time.

No comments: