Sunday, April 3, 2011

Yeah, we are pretty much bad a-- runners.

I had to have proof that I actually ran a 5k yesterday, because otherwise my family would have probably thought I was just at the cafe down the street.  I think we did great considering....considering we didn't train at all.  I think I ran like 2 miles, maybe 4 times in preparation.  But I am in no way going to blame that on laziness.  Nope.  I have a bad knee people, so I am blaming it on the knee.  I have IT Band Syndrome, according to my sources.  And if you look it up online, it's clear:

"Endurance athletes are especially prone to developing iliotibial band syndrome. Athletes who suddenly increase their level of activity, such as runners who increase their mileage, often develop iliotibial band syndrome."

Um, yeah.... that's totally me.  I am an endurance athlete.  Sweeeeet.  So what I run a 13 minute mile.  So what I finished 60th out of 69 people in my age group.  So what I couldn't walk up the stairs after the race for about 24 hours.  I finished, and I ran almost the whole time.  So like I said, me and my girls are pretty much bad a--, hard core runners.  Jealous Much? 

1 comment:

The Neville Family said...

LMAO!! We are so badass! I am proud of our accomplishment, a little saddened by how old my body feels afterwards :)! Thanks for motivating me to do this!