Wednesday, March 16, 2011

That's All I Got.


AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!  Yikes!!  How did my blog go from They put the Stars in Starstrom with lovely tales of my sweet boys and their adventures to a sad old lady morning her beloved dog who passed away from cancer.  Please tell me that!? L.A.M.E.!!!! I sit down to blog today and I find two old measly pictures on my memory stick.  I went from taking about 400 pictures a week (cough, cough, yup, that's my average) to TWO!!!  Snap out of it lady, life will go on!  Oh wait, that's what Paul told me to do on Sunday, minus the lady part.  The boy actually told me to snap out of it?!  Can you believe the nerve?  Can't a girl get a measly week to mourn the loss of her dog that she cared for for over 7 years?!  I am trying to get used to this new dynamic. I used to have 4 "things" depending on me for life, now I have 3.  Give me a week or two will ya?!

Well, I think I have finally snapped out of it. I have realized something during this process. As parents, we are constantly sacrificing for our children, be it time, money, sleep. It goes without saying, the reward is worth it. Obviously, one little hug from my boys and I remember why I haven't slept past 6am in 3.5 years. But I realized this week that we also sacrifice emotions. I can't afford to be sad. On Sunday, Evan and I were hidden away in my closet waiting for Daddy and Drew to come find us in our 100th game of Hide and Go Seek of the day. I was laughing and tickling him, and he looked at me and said "why are you laughing Mom? don't you remember, Farley is in Heaven." And then it dawned on me, I had been so bummed over the last 10 days, and he is after all, only 3 years old. And kids are always living in the moment, what's to say he didn't think I would forver be sad?! Something in me "snapped" and I remembered how lucky we really are. So for the past few days when I think our beloved "sissy" I think of happy thoughts instead of all that bad ones that plagued that last week of her life. My clueless tactless sweet husband couldn't snap me out of my depression, but Evan surely did. And I am thankful for that. SOOOOO, just one two more Farley pictures, PLEASEEE to make up for my lack of Starstrom boy pictures and then I promise, only sweet dog posts, NO more sad ones. PROMISE!!!!!!!





GOOOOOO GATORSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!  Miss you girl! 

No comments: