Monday, February 28, 2011

Withdrawal

Day One of Cold Turkey Bottle Withdrawal:
Still happy because he is certain Mommy will cave and give him back his precious bottle.  We've gone through this before, and she always caves after I refuse a sippy cup or two of milk and go about half a day without a wet diaper.  It's just a matter of time.





Day 2 of No Bottles:
Crap, she's serious this time.  And it's the weekend, so Daddy is here to help keep her strong....




So far we are on Day 3 of no more bottles.  The Doctor wants him off all bottles by 18 months.  I tried to do that with Evan and when I did, he gave up all milk for 9 months until I caved and gave him chocolate milk.  Drew definitely loves milk way more than Evan ever did.  So I was thinking he may be easier to transition.  I have tried several times before, but gave up quickly.  To be honest, I enjoy our quiet time together three times a day.  I love cuddling with him and giving him his bottle.  Sippy cups = Toddlerhood, no more baby.  But I can't hold him back for my needs any more!  I don't always follow the Doctor's protocol. I do my own research and use my own judgement.  But this is a battle I want to fight.  SO I am sticking with it.  So far, he usually gives in for the second feeding because he is so thirsty, but fights the morning and evening feeding with LOTS of spunk.  Hoping it will get easier, FAST, for both of our sakes. 

No comments: