Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Green Meadows with the Campbell Family










This past weekend we ventured over to Green Meadows Farm. We went when Evan was 1, and we felt like he was  a little bit too young to enjoy it.  Last year, Drew was in the hospital almost the entire month of October and life was just too crazy going back and forth twice a day between the hospital and home to even think about going pumpkin picking!  But this year, this was going to be our year!  I thought for sure Evan would have a blast there!!  But I think I was wrong.  He tells me he had a great time, but it was one tantrum after another.  It was blazing hot and close to nap time, a combination that I should have known wouldn't work.  I thought his love for animals would help him overcome these barriers, but not so much.  I know he looks happy in these pictures, but trust me... there were lots of tears shed and time outs to be had.  Oh well.  Maybe next year?  I still had a great time with our friends, the Campbell's.  And Drew and baby Brock were troopers and super cute, as always.  I also need to learn the art of taking pictures with fields of pumpkins in the background.  Everything just turns dark and orange when I try.  At least this was the 4th pumpkin patch we have visited in the last week, perhaps the practice will eventually lead to perfection, or at least mediocrity?!

No comments: