Monday, August 2, 2010

Peace Out Diapers

Today is day one of potty training boot camp and so far the score is Potty 3, Accidents 0.  We initiated Evan into the Big Boy Club this morning with the traditional "throwing away of the diapers and putting on of the big boy underwear" ceremony.  Now, I am no dumby.  I know it can't be this easy.  I know we aren't out of the woods yet.  Evan is a lovely little boy who is amazing in every way.  But things just don't come this easy for us.  So I am sure we will have our share of set backs and accidents, but so far so good!  I think the key was waiting until he was ready, and until I was ready and committed to the whole process.  Because let's face it, it's a lot of work for both of us!!  I think the hardest part so far is staying at home.  Since Drew was about 6 weeks old we have yet to stay home for an entire day once unless we were sick or we had friends over to visit.  I may be a stay at home Mama, but I am not a stay at home kinda gal.  We like to be out and about, so needless to say, we are all going a little stir crazy.

No comments: