Sunday, June 13, 2010

Evan and his Antics

The other day, Evan told me that Corky was an "H". Not sure what that meant, I started to brush it off. Sometimes that's easier then asking him a half dozen times what he means only to frustrate him and myself. But this time, I was too curious. I asked him why Corky is an "H". He pointed to Corky who was panting heavily after coming in from outdoors, and he said "look, she's saying Heh Heh Heh, just like an H does". What a smart little boy!

Yesterday Evan came home from his swimming lessons that Daddy took him to, and he ran up to me beaming with pride. Daddy told Evan to tell me how good he did at swimming, as I was starting to get discouraged with the lack of progress that has occurred lately. Evan looked at me with a sassy expression on his face he said "I did good Mommy", then walked off, but not before he looked back at me over his shoulder and said "Are you happy now Mommy", still in a sassy tone!!! Cute now, but darn if that's not foreshadowing of a snarky teenager. I have it coming, I was pretty snarky myself.

No comments: