Friday, May 7, 2010

Drew WILL Be a GOOD Eater.... If I have anything to do with it!!!











As many of you know, I have battled with Evan and his eating habits since he was about 12 months old. He is picky, he barely eats, he refuses to try new things... I could go on and on. But I definitely feel like I made some mistakes with him early on. I won't go into details on that though, unless you have about 2 hours to listen to me!!! This time, I have vowed to learn from my mistakes. I am starting Drew off on the right foot. If he ends up being a picky eater, it is no fault of mine! So the last two days, while my boys napped (at the same time....Amen for that), I made my own baby food. So far I have made: apples, pears, apricots, blueberries, mango, peas, broccoli, squash, and sweet potatoes. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I REALLY hope I can stick with it. My reasoning besides the obvious (being super healthy, cost effective, and the fact that it will allow me to provide Drew with more variety in his diet than the canned stuff allows) is that, if I can make my own dog food, I can make my own baby food. My dogs haven't eaten storebought wet food since 2004, so by golly, Drew won't eat it either. Store bought baby food that is, not dog food. Sorry Evan. Don't know what I was thinking when you were eating baby food!!! Kay, I am gonna go get a Big Mac or something to counter act all this healthy stuff talk. If only I could eat as healthy as my dogs and my baby, how nice that would be?!

2 comments:

Meema said...

Love all your pretty food pictures. I'm sure Evan will be a good eater eventually and hopefully Drew will love his homemade baby food and chow down.

Healthy Life with 3 said...

awesome job abby! next time we need to have a baby food making party together while all 3 boys nap :)