Wednesday, January 20, 2010

XRays Don't Lie.... Or Do They?








I think I may have posted before about Evan's teeth, or lack there of. He is missing his incisors on the top. Apparently it's a genetic thing as his Daddy, cousin Michael, Aunt Gina ( I think), and his Grandma Starstrom are also missing their incisors. The dentist said braces would definitely be in order when he is a teenager, and if he was very self conscious about it, he could wear a retainer with prosthetic teeth when he was a little older. Yikes!! Sounds expensive, and what a bummer for Evan. The last thing I want is something for him to be embarrassed about. Anyway, out of no where the other day, I see a tooth bud popping through, one of his incisors!!! So, despite all of the XRays they took that showed he had no baby or adult incisors, low and behold, incisors. Let's just hope the left one follows the right one, because there is only one thing worse then no incisors, and that's asymmetrical missing teeth. How many times in one post can I say incisors? Incisors, incisors, incisors.

No comments: