Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I spoke Too Soon...




OK, so my last post I nonchalantly mentioned that Evan was under the weather. Little did I know what was about to transpire in this Petri-dish I call a home. Evan's illness waxed and waned for another couple of days. I cuddled him on the couch as much as I could. I can never keep him still so I wanted to take advantage of this time. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea because I then became violently ill with whatever Evan had, times 10!!! As soon as I started to be able to catch my breath, Paul got it, times 10. He had what we had, plus a high grade fever that immobilized him to the couch for a good 48 hours. Then, my worst fear came true. Drew started vomiting and having loose stools. Luckily, the antibodies in my milk kicked in and his illness was fairly mild. We are all getting back to normal now, all a little skinnier and still a little timid with food. That combined with a teething toddler who is going stir crazy, made for a very long, difficult week. But I am trying to look on the bright side...hopefully we are now immune to this years stomach flu strain and we are in the clear for a while. One can only hope.


P.S. I forgot to mention one of the dogs now has diarrhea...thankyouverymuch. If I have to do another load of laundry that contains some stained article of linens or clothing containing poop or vomit... I may just officially lose my mind.

2 comments:

listerbears said...

What a week. Im sorry Abby. I have wondered what would be worse, Celia sick or me sick trying to care for her. YOu got to test it all. I cant imagine.

EmBee said...

Even when you're sick you look good... Paul probably, not so much.
:-)