Friday, December 25, 2009

I'm Shy... Nice Try


Evan is so used to hearing me say, "he's shy" when we first step into an unfamiliar social situation, and finally he picked up on what it means. When he had a crowd watching him open presents the other day, he turned to me and said "I'm Shy". Yesterday at church when I asked him to share some stickers with his friend, he said, "I'm shy, Mommy do it". It was truly adorable. He would tip his head down and stick out his bottom lip (kinda like the picture above), and give me a super shy look. But then today when I asked him to clean up his toys, he looked at me and gave me the same look and said, "I'm shy". So either, he doesn't understand what shy means, or he knows exactly what he is saying and he is just trying to get out of cleaning up?!! I am thinking the latter.

No comments: