Monday, September 14, 2009

Martha Would Cringe if She Saw These Pops


Meema and I decided to make free form lollipops yesterday during Evan's nap. I was inspired by a blog that I had seen. They were just so colorful and pretty. I thought they would be cute to give in the goody bags at Evan's birthday party, or give to Evan's classmates at school. I didn't want to use molds, I really wanted them to be free form, to give a Willy Wonka/Candyland vibe. What I thought would be super easy, turned out to be super hard. The liquid started hardening up the second we started pouring it out. So we basically just made a mess in the kitchen and have a few sad looking pops to show for it. I will try again later this week, if I get brave enough. Otherwise, Dum-dums are looking pretty good to me at this point.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Ummmm, wow, those are some pops. colorful they are! Did you try to eat them??? Better not...they may put you into early labor or something!! just kidding, they really are beautiful....really.