Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Angel

I am not an outwardly religious person. I certainly believe in God, but I don't talk about it much and I don't (shame on me!) go to church every Sunday. But I do pray, alone and with Evan every night. And usually when I get some chain email that asks for prayers, I just delete it without a second thought (again, shame on me!). What a hypocrite I am, when I am reading a blog that talks about religion, I skim through that part to get to the pictures of the kids or babies!!! I just don't feel comfortable talking about religion, it's very personal to me. Especially on my blog, that is meant to be about Evan and our family. But now I do need those of you who are religious to say a quick prayer for my friend tonight. My girlfriend Angel, who I met back in Charlotte, NC many years ago (we were nurses together), was the victim of a home invasion. She was shot, however she is recovering well; but her husband was shot to death. She has three young children, two of which were in the home at the time, they are thankfully fine. They still don't know who commited the crime. I am just praying that they find out who it was and put them behind bars. I can't imagine the pain and suffering she must be going through. She is a devout Christian, and I know every one's prayers would mean so much to her. So if you get a minute, I would appreciate it. If you aren't comfortable as I am often not, just skim this and read my next post which is much lighter!! And be thankful for what you got, because you never know what life is going to bring!!!


A picture of Angel and her now-late husband, Matt at our wedding in 2003.

3 comments:

Kristen Haynes said...

What a beautiful couple. How tragic! i can't even imagine! I will most definately pray for your friend and her family. What a sad story!

listerbears said...

This is absolutely crushing. My husband and I just watched the news story. Im really sorry. I will definitely pray for your friends.

Jenny said...

Abby, this literally brought me to tears. I will certainly pray for them & their families. I am so very sorry.