Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mr. Dependent..... and buckets for hats...

Evan is not the most independent 18 month old around. He still prefers a bottle, warmed, and held for him. He likes to be carried up and down the stairs even though he is capable of going up by himself (with a spotter of course). He has no interest in feeding himself. He likes to be be helped up on the couch, even though I spotted him getting up alone once. You get the idea. Maybe I created this little dependent side of Evan, maybe I didn't. But I suppose it is my job to encourage him to be as independent as is good for him. Ugggh. So I did it. I signed him up for a Parents Morning Out program at a nearby church. He will be in a classroom of 7, and luckily, he knows 2 of the other kids. It doesn't start until August, thanks goodness. We have a lot of work to do before then. And it's just two mornings a week for three hours each. Did I mention I have never even had a babysitter before (other then grandparents)?? I got teary eyed the other day when I dropped off my dogs to the vet to get their teeth cleaned. Yeah, to answer my question above... i probably did create this side of Evan. But nonetheless, he is a very cute, smart, funny, and sweet little dependent 18 month old.

By the way for those of you keeping track (basically Grammy and me) Evan is 24 lbs 5 oz (30th percentile) 32.5 inches (55th percentile) and has a head circumference that is 19 inches (90th percentile) as of this past Tuesday, his half birthday!!!!!

And to close my update for the day.... here are some pictures of Evan wearing a bucket on his head. He loves putting things on his head, buckets, baskets, bowls and the like.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's just like his Uncle Kevin, only his bucket said "KFC".