Friday, December 26, 2008

We Feasted Like Kings

























































One of our family traditions is making a non-traditional Christmas Eve dinner as I mentioned before. I think one reason is, we like to take advantage of my brother's mad-kitchen skills. He is such a good cook, he really could open his own upscale restaurant. So we all cook together for the big dinner. This year we feasted on seared scallops, duck breast, asparagus tossed in a balsamic, soy sauce, butter reduction, and mushrooms stuffed with lump crab. Oh my, was it good. So good I had to take pictures. And so good, Uncle Kevin and Paul licked the cutting board that the duck was sliced on. The next morning we dined on crabby eggs benedict with homemade holandaise sauce, scratch buttermilk waffles with real maple syrup, fruit salad, and fresh squeezed orange juice from my Mom's orange tree. Isn't your mouth watering?? Usually I am a Semi-homemade, 30 minute meal kinda girl. But around the holidays we all slow down to an Alton Brown speed. But it is well worth it. If anyone wants a recipe send me a comment. I am not sure enough people even read my blog for me to write out all the recipes!!! Not pictured meals from this week: shrimp and scratch grits, pistachio encrusted salmon, and roasted Cornish hens. Yum. It's gonna be hard to go back to my normal, very un-scratch repertoire of meals.

2 comments:

EmBee said...

We are SO coming for a visit next time Kevin is in town! OMG! My buttons are popping just reading the menu. Love the part about the boys licking the cutting board!
:-)

Ms BlingBling said...

This menu sounds so delicious. The duck, stuffed mushrooms and crabby eggs are my favorites.