Friday, September 26, 2008

70% Bitter 30% Sweet






This post is not for guys. I don't think I have many guys anyway who read my blog, but anyway...


This is a sad week. I have almost finally weaned Evan. It has been 12 plus months of bliss, well mostly. We are down to one feeding a day. And the type A person I am has planned it all out by the day. Next week at this time will be our last feeding.
I think I am going to celebrate with extra strengh crest white strips, a diet red bull and vodka (i don't even like those, but it has three things I have been denying myself) and a tuna roll with a side of grouper!!! I also wanna get that facial whitener that will help get rid of all these splotches that have come with 21 months of pregnancy and nursing!!!!


Maybe then I won't be so sad!!! It truly is bitter sweet, because I am super excited to have my body back, but bummed not to share those moments with Evan.


Just a few pictures looking back at those quiet moments with Evan (No breastfeeding pictures, I will spare you that). Well, as quiet as you can get with Grammy in your face with a camera!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Abby, I totally understand what you are feeling. It's been almost 6 weeks to the day that Sofia stopped nursing and it breaks my heart and milk cups LEAK!! I'm not a fan of that. BUt we know we did the best thing for our babies the way God intented it. We were so lucky to be able to accomplish this! Congrats to you!